while the political feats of her husband, president Chiang kai-shek, may be more widely recognized soong Mei-ling's accomplishments are just as notable. As first lady, soong mei-ling introduced her husband to western culture and ideas. Likewise, she served as her husband's emissary, or spokesperson, to the west. During a visit to the united states in 1943, soong mei-ling became the second woman to address a joint session of the u.s. congress. The trip earned her the esteem of the american public, who praised her passion and determination, and she raised billions of dollars in aid for her country.
what is the meaning of emissary, as used in the passage?
1. A person sent to a foreign country to do religious work is wrong because it doesn't say nothing about doing religious work.
2. A person sent on a mission to represent another person or country is the correct answer because emissary is like a lawyer or goverment that speaks for someone or the community.
3. A secret agent is wrong because they are telling us the person name in the passage.
4. A soldier paid by a foreign is wrong because they not talking about no army, etc.
Thanksgiving means a lot to me, it's just not about the food it's about the joy that happened over the year that families need to celebrate once a year. Thanksgiving always put a smile on my face because as i was raised i know that we should cherish things that happens around me on thanksgiving day or any other day. people in generation thinks it's about the food feast but really its about the joy that's going on around you at that one big table for that one big beautiful family of your's. Thanksgiving give everybody special feeling of being loved the that special loving and laughter is joy. Thanksgiving means a lot more to me but the main part of thanksgiving is the joy and loved ones the surrounding you on that special day to gather.
Construction on Florence's grand cathedral began in 1296. Over a hundred years later, however, the structure remained unfinished, with an enormous hole in the roof. The designers had intended to top the cathedral with the world's largest dome, but this plan was stymied by architectural limitations. The main factor stalling progress was the fact that no one knew how to create such a massive cupola without large, cumbersome support systems.
What is the meaning of cupola as a used in the passage?
1.dome is not the meaning to cupola because that's not what the passage is talking about.
2. roof is the correct meaning for cupola because it states that an structure was remained unfinished, with an enormous hole in the roof.
3. decoration is not the meaning of cupola because the passage is not talking about decorating a cupola.
4. cathedral is not the meaning of cupola because it does not states that the people is building a cathedral.
2,. read the passage then answer the question.
while the political feats of her husband, president Chiang kai-Shek, may be more widely recognized soong mei-ling's accomplishment are just as notable. As first lady, soong mei-ling introduced her husband to western