Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns.
Adjectives are used in 2 different ways
-Adjective placed BEFORE the (noun)
1. The blue sea.
2. The old man.
3. The happy children.
-Adjective placed AFTER the (verb) & (noun)
1.The sea is blue.
2.The man is old.
3. The children are happy.
Definition: A verb is an action word
Example sentence: The boy was running away from a monster in the woods.
NOUNS:A person , place,thing idea
verb: Action word
Adjective: Something that modifies or describes a noun
Adverb: A word or phase that modify an adjective or verb
We are beginning the 3rd quarter focusing on grammar. We will introduce other topics as the quarter progresses.
Grammar is the study of the way words are used to make sentences. Our class will focus on the eight parts of speech.
Noun: A noun is a person, place, thing, or idea. We will be learning and dissecting ten different types of nouns.
The 10 noun types we will be interacting with include the following list:
1. Common nouns
2. Proper nouns
3. Material nouns
4. Compound nouns
6. Abstract nouns
7. Concrete nouns
8. Collective nouns
9. Uncountable nouns
10. Countable nouns
1.Common nouns: A noun denoting a class of objects or a concept as opposed to a particular individual.
2. proper nouns: a name used for an individual person, place, or organization, spelled with initial capital letters
3.Material nouns: the definition of a material noun is a grammar term that refers to a material or substance from which things are made such as silver, gold, iron, cotton, diamond and plastic.
4. compound nouns: A compound noun is a noun that is made up of two or more words. Most compound nouns in English are formed by nouns modified by other nouns or adjectives.
5.pronouns: any of a small set of words in a language that are used as substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and whose referents are named or understood in the context.
6.Abstract nouns:a noun denoting an idea, quality, or state rather than a concrete object.
7. Concrete nouns:a noun denoting something material and non-abstract, as chair, house,or automobile.
8. Collective nouns: Collective nouns are names for a collection or a number of people or things.
9. Uncountable nouns: Uncountable nouns are nouns that come in a state or quantity that is impossible to count; liquids are uncountable, as are things that act like liquids (sand, air).
10. countable nouns: Countable nouns are something you can touch.
An inference is a conclusion you draw based on evidence in a reading passage. Read each paragraph and answer the inference question that follows.
2. Hudson hurried out of the house so he wasn't late for work. he wore overalls and carried a toolbox with wrenches in it. He hopped in his truck and drove off. The sign on his truck said, "Pipe Masters."
You can infer that...
a. Hudson is an auto mechanic.
b. Hudson enjoys his job.
c. Hudson works as a plumber.
d. Hudson is a truck salesman.
I think thanksgiving means that people should celebrate it because it is like a family holiday and you can also help your family cook the food and you can help them decorate the house
1.Read the passage then answer the question.
Construction on Florence's grand cathedral began in 1296. Over a hundred years later,however,the structure remained unfinished,with an enormous hole in the roof. the designers had intended to top the cathedral with the world's largest dome,but this plan was stymied by architectural limitations. The main factor stalling process was the fact that no one knew how to create such a massive cupola without large, cumbersome support systems.
What is the meaning of cupola as used in the passage?
1.Yes, dome is the right answer because it's building something.
2.No,roof is the wrong answer because it talks about something that is not in the text.
Determine the meaning of multiple meaning words in a given context.
I think our smart goal means that it is like an inference and you have state what is not directly stated in the text.